Sunday, May 31, 2009

Riding the Conestoga Wagon

I've spent the last week traveling to visit family and friends up and down the eastern seaboard. While it's tempting to expound on the existential ramifications of my trip--as I did in my recount of the visit to NFA--a picture is worth a thousand words. These are some pictures that I snapped while visiting my great friend Megan Good in Conestoga, PA. Incidentally, the Greater Lancaster area is a beautiful place and I was very impressed in my short time there.



Me in front of the sign for Megan's Elementary School.




Me in front of the sign for Megan's High School (This sign was apparently a gift made by her class, she had no idea). I'm so wet because we'd just gone for a two-hour hike in the rain.




The wood stove in the Good house. I thought this was really cool, it is actually their main source of heat during the winter months. Here's to self-sufficiency.


I'm a terrible bowler, which is why it was both entertaining and confusing to witness myself bowl 8 strikes on my way to a 217. This is about 80 pins better than my previous best. The most fun thing about it was that since I know I'm a terrible bowler I really never thought: "wow, if I practiced I could be really good." Instead I thought: "This is amazing!" P.S. I really blew Megan (Megood) away during our two bowling games, but she got my back in our air hockey matchup.


No comments:

Post a Comment